Year 5 Blog
Hello and welcome to Year 5’s webpage where you will find useful information about our class and can read all about the exciting experiences that we are up to this term. On here you will find photographs and information about the work that we will be completing in class.
- What a magical day it has been! The children have been detectives for the day and have tried to figure out what has happened in each classroom! There were some very sparkly, magical clues in Year 5... Take a look...
- Hello everyone!
I have attached this half term's newsletter which outlines what Year 5 will be learning over the next 5 weeks. It also highlights any key dates to put in your diary; the first being our Mayan class assembly on Friday 8th March!
See you all then 🙂
Year 5 Class Newsletter- Spring Term 2 2019
Miss Jones ...more
- This week the children have been learning all about Internet Safety and how to be SMART safe online.
We have been making #StAndrewsOurInternetOurChoice pledges, creating amazing Stay Safe posters, drama and filming videos of ways to stay safe!
Here are some videos of the children sharing their Online Safety Messages. Please take a look!
- Year 5 have been enjoying their science lessons this half term which has been all about forces! We introduced our new topic by looking at the force gravity and how we can defy it using magnets...
We then headed outside and spun a bucket of water over our heads! We noticed how the water ...more
- Hello and HAPPY NEW YEAR everybody!
We are in our second week back to school and Year 5 have already been busy working hard! We have been looking at 2D polygons and 3D shapes in Numeracy and have been introduced to our new topic this term- The Mayans- in Literacy.
Below, I have attached this half term's ...more
- Happy New Year!
FYI...Little Hulton Library has got a new family film club, which runs on the second Saturday of every month from 10.00am – 12.30pm. The club is free and we show a film that is related to children’s books. So far they have shown films such as: Horrid Henry, Matilda, Paddington, Beauty and the ...more
- What a half term it has been for Year5! From our NYC class assembly to three choir performances and then leading the Carol Service in Church... we are immensely proud of all you! You have conducted yourselves so well at every rehearsal and performance we have had. Thank you Year 5!
The children had a fabulous party ...more
- What a special afternoon we had yesterday! Year 5 visited Pemberton Fold to sing some Christmas songs to the residents there. The children were absolutely amazing and were spreading Christmas cheer throughout the care home! The way the children sang and spoke to the residents there was truly wonderful- I am so proud of all ...more
- Year 5 sang beautifully to the Luncheon Club at church on Monday!
We have our next performance in the Ellesmere Centre outside Tesco on Thursday at 10am- please come and watch us! Then, our final one at Pemberton Fold next Thursday!
As Buddy the Elf would say...'The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for ...more
- The school council were excited to visit the residents of Pemberton Fold for a second time this week, where they helped make some traditional Christmas crafts. Check out the pictures below...
This entry was posted in Year groups
. Bookmark the permalink