Year 1 Blog
Find out what exciting projects the Year 1 Pupils have been up to recently…
- Thank you to everyone who filled a bag last Friday, we have raised £120 this money will go towards our school funds.
Look out for the next date Friday 27th March 2020.
Mrs Lysons more
- Welcome Back!
It was lovely to see all the children after the half term break!
We have quite a busy half term ahead with Christmas of course!
The children have really settled into Year 1 now and are becoming more independent too!
Please see what kinds of things we will be doing in the Newsletter.Year-1-Newsletter-Autumn-2 more
- The next date for Bags 2 School is coming up shortly. The bags will be sent home after the half term. This is an ideal time to have a de-clutter before Christmas, whilst raising money for the School.
Mrs Lysons more
- WELCOME TO YEAR 1 !
It has been a lovely start to the year. All the children have come back to school full of enthusiasm and have settled so well into Year 1. We have been getting to know our new classroom and the new classroom rules. The children have been trying very hard to follow ...more
- I can't believe that we are now in the final half term of Year 1! This year has gone so fast and been so much fun. I'm SO happy that I get to teach this class again in Year 2 as they are all superstars!! 🙂
Please find a link to the newsletter that was sent ...more
- In Literacy, Year 1 are looking at the traditional tale of Jack and the Beanstalk. There has been some absolutely amazing writing linked to this. Mrs Barker has been very impressed and Mrs Dalton is now thinking she is teaching a KS2 class! 🙂
Linked to this, we have been growing our very own 'beanstalks' in ...more
- This week, in Year 1, we have been going Poetry crazy!
First of all, we wrote our own class poem together called 'Summer Fun'. We then thought of actions to go with it and performed it for Year 4 Sunshines. They were so impressed and thought that it had been written by a class in KS2!!
- Year 1 and 2 had so much fun this week when we got together for some practical Maths. On Monday, we covered Length, Tuesday was Weight/Mass, Wednesday was Capacity and on Thursday we looked at Data Handling (tally charts and bar graphs). We've learnt lots and really enjoyed it all!
- Please find attached the Year 1 Newsletter for this half term.
Please read the Homework letter sent out this week. I would like the children to learn a poem off by heart to perform to their classmates on Thursday 2nd May.
Thanks for your continued support!
This entry was posted in Year groups
. Bookmark the permalink