Year 1 Blog
Find out what exciting projects the Year 1 Pupils have been up to recently…
- WELCOME TO YEAR 1 !
It has been a lovely start to the year. All the children have come back to school full of enthusiasm and have settled so well into Year 1. We have been getting to know our new classroom and the new classroom rules. The children have been trying very hard to follow ...more
- I can't believe that we are now in the final half term of Year 1! This year has gone so fast and been so much fun. I'm SO happy that I get to teach this class again in Year 2 as they are all superstars!! 🙂
Please find a link to the newsletter that was sent ...more
- In Literacy, Year 1 are looking at the traditional tale of Jack and the Beanstalk. There has been some absolutely amazing writing linked to this. Mrs Barker has been very impressed and Mrs Dalton is now thinking she is teaching a KS2 class! 🙂
Linked to this, we have been growing our very own 'beanstalks' in ...more
- This week, in Year 1, we have been going Poetry crazy!
First of all, we wrote our own class poem together called 'Summer Fun'. We then thought of actions to go with it and performed it for Year 4 Sunshines. They were so impressed and thought that it had been written by a class in KS2!!
- Year 1 and 2 had so much fun this week when we got together for some practical Maths. On Monday, we covered Length, Tuesday was Weight/Mass, Wednesday was Capacity and on Thursday we looked at Data Handling (tally charts and bar graphs). We've learnt lots and really enjoyed it all!
- Please find attached the Year 1 Newsletter for this half term.
Please read the Homework letter sent out this week. I would like the children to learn a poem off by heart to perform to their classmates on Thursday 2nd May.
Thanks for your continued support!
- Welcome back! We hope everyone had a lovely half term holiday.
The children have come back into school brilliantly and have produced some amazing writing this week. They have written their own versions of 'We're Going on a Bear Hunt' and have been trying extra hard with their handwriting and presentation.
We've also finished off our topic ...more
- You could feel the love at St Andrew's this morning! Year 1 were all absolutely amazing in our special Valentine's Day assembly. They should be very proud of themselves! ❤️
Thank you to everyone who came this morning to watch and support them - the children really appreciated it.
Have a fabulous half term break!
- This week the children have been learning all about Internet Safety and how to be SMART safe online.
We have been making #StAndrewsOurInternetOurChoice pledges, creating amazing Stay Safe posters, drama and filming videos of ways to stay safe!
Here are some videos of the children sharing their Online Safety Messages. Please take a look!
- Today, Year 1 and 2 worked together to discuss how we can all stay safe online.
The children worked in pairs to design posters to tell other children how to stay safe too.
Well done KS1! more
This entry was posted in Year groups
. Bookmark the permalink