Find out what exciting projects the Reception Pupils have been up to recently…
spring 1 newsletterDownload
- Thank you to everyone who filled a bag last Friday, we have raised £120 this money will go towards our school funds.
Look out for the next date Friday 27th March 2020.
Mrs Lysons more
- The next date for Bags 2 School is coming up shortly. The bags will be sent home after the half term. This is an ideal time to have a de-clutter before Christmas, whilst raising money for the School.
Mrs Lysons more
- Holi Festival
Nursery and Reception children have been learning about the Hindu festival of Holi, which is also known as 'The Festival of Colour.' We learnt about how Hindu's celebrate this special day in their calendar and took part in lots of fun activities linked to it.
We explored colour mixing using paint, created a giant 'splatter ...more
- Fantastic Fundraising!
A big well done to the children and grown ups in Nursery and Reception. We raised £31.70 at our Valentines Day Biscuit Sale.
A massive 'thank you' to the grown ups for their kind donations. Your children did a great job at making and decorating the heart shaped shortbread biscuits. All the money raised has ...more
- We have this weeks challenges based on activities inspired by 'Aliens love underpants'.
The children were reaffirming their knowledge on repeating patterns by creating underpants using printing.
Creating patterns using shapes printers, sparked an interest in 2D shapes. So for a fine motor activity the children had to create a triangle, square and rectangle. This got them ...more
- As we arrived into class we noticed straight away that something was strange...
Where had our self registration pictures gone and who had left this slimy mess?
After a quick discussion, we set off straight away - to find evidence!
The children made great 'investigators', hunting for evidence, they took it in turns using clipboards to write their ...more
- We have been learning about the season Winter. We have been looking for signs and changes in our environment. The children enjoyed our winter walk and all took some brilliant photographs of different wintery pictures.
This weeks challenges have all had a winter theme...
We wrote winter words for our phonics challenge, we are trying very hard ...more
- We were all very excited on Tuesday when it started to snow. By the time we got ready to go out in the snow - wellies on, hat and scarves and coats fastened, the snow had started to thin out but that didn't stop us have lots of fun. We took our iPads to take ...more
- The children are enjoying adding numbers together. We have used a variety of different strategies to do this, jumping along our number mats, counting on our fingers, counting out groups of objects and even building addition towers.
The children have been trying hard reading and writing number sentences.
Look at how we remember the signs in ...more
This entry was posted in Year groups
. Bookmark the permalink