Find out what exciting projects the Reception Pupils have been up to recently…
- Holi Festival
Nursery and Reception children have been learning about the Hindu festival of Holi, which is also known as 'The Festival of Colour.' We learnt about how Hindu's celebrate this special day in their calendar and took part in lots of fun activities linked to it.
We explored colour mixing using paint, created a giant 'splatter ...more
- Fantastic Fundraising!
A big well done to the children and grown ups in Nursery and Reception. We raised £31.70 at our Valentines Day Biscuit Sale.
A massive 'thank you' to the grown ups for their kind donations. Your children did a great job at making and decorating the heart shaped shortbread biscuits. All the money raised has ...more
- We have this weeks challenges based on activities inspired by 'Aliens love underpants'.
The children were reaffirming their knowledge on repeating patterns by creating underpants using printing.
Creating patterns using shapes printers, sparked an interest in 2D shapes. So for a fine motor activity the children had to create a triangle, square and rectangle. This got them ...more
- As we arrived into class we noticed straight away that something was strange...
Where had our self registration pictures gone and who had left this slimy mess?
After a quick discussion, we set off straight away - to find evidence!
The children made great 'investigators', hunting for evidence, they took it in turns using clipboards to write their ...more
- We have been learning about the season Winter. We have been looking for signs and changes in our environment. The children enjoyed our winter walk and all took some brilliant photographs of different wintery pictures.
This weeks challenges have all had a winter theme...
We wrote winter words for our phonics challenge, we are trying very hard ...more
- We were all very excited on Tuesday when it started to snow. By the time we got ready to go out in the snow - wellies on, hat and scarves and coats fastened, the snow had started to thin out but that didn't stop us have lots of fun. We took our iPads to take ...more
- The children are enjoying adding numbers together. We have used a variety of different strategies to do this, jumping along our number mats, counting on our fingers, counting out groups of objects and even building addition towers.
The children have been trying hard reading and writing number sentences.
Look at how we remember the signs in ...more
- We have been reading the story 'Whatever Next!'
All the children have thought about where they would go in Space. We have come up with some amazing, imaginative ideas! All the children have wrote their ideas in a sentence too... Everyone in Reception has enjoyed being an author.
We have been creating story maps. When we do ...more
- Happy new year to everyone! We hope you all had a lovely Christmas break with your families.
This half term our topic is Space.
The children are already enjoying exploring our new space station role play area and our moon small world.
Please find a copy of our class newsletter below, this outlines a few of the objectives we ...more
- Reception had a special visitor after their Christmas party...
He was very proud with how hard we've all tried this term and we all got a present. I hope you all enjoy reading your new books.
Mrs Gibbons and I would like to wish all our class' families a Merry Christmas and a happy new year.
This entry was posted in Year groups
. Bookmark the permalink