Year 2 Blog
Find out what exciting projects the Year 2 Pupils have been up to recently…
- A New Half Term!
Welcome back to our last half term in Year 2!! How the time has flown!
We have been very busy this week practising for our assembly on Friday. Please come and watch!
We have lots of exciting things planed this half term - take a look at our Newsletter.Sum-2-class-newsletter-2019 more
- A busy start to a new half term!
Year 2 have all been working very hard this week after a couple of short weeks at the start of this half term.
We have been getting to know a new character for our literacy activities, Katie Morag. It has been interesting finding out about where she lives and ...more
- Year 1 and 2 had so much fun this week when we got together for some practical Maths. On Monday, we covered Length, Tuesday was Weight/Mass, Wednesday was Capacity and on Thursday we looked at Data Handling (tally charts and bar graphs). We've learnt lots and really enjoyed it all!
As part of our topic on space we watched the very first moon landing.We then decided to pretend we were the astronauts landing on the moon for the first time. We mimed putting on our space suits and walking on the moon for the first time. more
- Amazing Rockets!
Over the past few weeks we have designed and made some amazing rockets with a winding mechanism that takes a moon buggy in and out of the rocket!
The children have enjoyed trying out their ideas and building a finished product.
Take a look at some.
- What a magical day we had! The children were detectives for the day and tried to figure out what had happened in each classroom! There were some very sparkly, magical clues in Year 5, giant footprints in Year 2, a big bad wolf in Year 1 and much, much more!
The children had a fabulous day ...more
- Spring has arrived!
The children have really enjoyed the lovely warm weather this week and it has put a spring in their step!
The children have had a busy week starting their learning about space. We have started to learn about one boy's unfortunate journey to the moon in Oliver Jeffers book "The Way Back Home". The ...more
- BC9D80B9-35F7-4EAA-AD5B-CC7B6730BAEF 9E3D7887-8329-4FCF-90D5-C3861DDB626D 2345B237-C185-4A1B-BB89-BB3E93697C7EBrr it’s cold down here!
Year 2 have been learning about the extreme weather conditions in Antarctica. We used the information to become weather presenters for the day!
Watch us at work! more
- This week the children have been learning all about Internet Safety and how to be SMART safe online.
We have been making #StAndrewsOurInternetOurChoice pledges, creating amazing Stay Safe posters, drama and filming videos of ways to stay safe!
Here are some videos of the children sharing their Online Safety Messages. Please take a look!
- Today, Year 1 and 2 worked together to discuss how we can all stay safe online.
The children worked in pairs to design posters to tell other children how to stay safe too.
Well done KS1! more
This entry was posted in Year groups
. Bookmark the permalink