Year 2 Blog
Find out what exciting projects the Year 2 Pupils have been up to recently…
- Thank you to everyone who filled a bag last Friday, we have raised £120 this money will go towards our school funds.
Look out for the next date Friday 27th March 2020.
Mrs Lysons more
- Welcome back. We hope you all had a brilliant half term holiday.
We're now in one of the busiest (and most exciting!) half terms of the whole year! 🙂
Please find a copy of the Year 2 Newsletter here.
Year 2 newsletter Autumn 2 more
- The next date for Bags 2 School is coming up shortly. The bags will be sent home after the half term. This is an ideal time to have a de-clutter before Christmas, whilst raising money for the School.
Mrs Lysons more
- A very warm welcome back to a new, exciting school year! It has been lovely to be back with the children again and they have definitely shown that they are ready to be in Year 2.
We're all looking forward to the year ahead!
Please find a link to the newsletter sent out recently...
Year 2 newsletter Autumn ...more
- A New Half Term!
Welcome back to our last half term in Year 2!! How the time has flown!
We have been very busy this week practising for our assembly on Friday. Please come and watch!
We have lots of exciting things planed this half term - take a look at our Newsletter.Sum-2-class-newsletter-2019 more
- A busy start to a new half term!
Year 2 have all been working very hard this week after a couple of short weeks at the start of this half term.
We have been getting to know a new character for our literacy activities, Katie Morag. It has been interesting finding out about where she lives and ...more
- Year 1 and 2 had so much fun this week when we got together for some practical Maths. On Monday, we covered Length, Tuesday was Weight/Mass, Wednesday was Capacity and on Thursday we looked at Data Handling (tally charts and bar graphs). We've learnt lots and really enjoyed it all!
As part of our topic on space we watched the very first moon landing.We then decided to pretend we were the astronauts landing on the moon for the first time. We mimed putting on our space suits and walking on the moon for the first time. more
- Amazing Rockets!
Over the past few weeks we have designed and made some amazing rockets with a winding mechanism that takes a moon buggy in and out of the rocket!
The children have enjoyed trying out their ideas and building a finished product.
Take a look at some.
- What a magical day we had! The children were detectives for the day and tried to figure out what had happened in each classroom! There were some very sparkly, magical clues in Year 5, giant footprints in Year 2, a big bad wolf in Year 1 and much, much more!
The children had a fabulous day ...more
This entry was posted in Year groups
. Bookmark the permalink