Find out what exciting projects the Reception Pupils have been up to recently…
- We have some exciting news...
As you are aware, last year we had a casting for the new show 'Ferne and Rory's Vet Tales'. The directors were extremely impressed with all of the class and have selected our class from lots of castings to be involved in the show. The directors have praised how confident, well ...more
- Welcome to Reception.
Welcome to Reception, we all hope you have had a fab break (we have missed you all lots).
We are also welcoming some new children into our Reception class, Charlotte and Layth! We have all been looking forward to you joining our class!
As you are aware, I was the teacher in Nursery so this ...more
- Hello :)
Welcome back to your final term in Reception! We are in for a very busy, but still very fun 7 weeks. Please keep checking bags, daily for updates on dates, sports days, trips etc.
I have attached a copy of the newsletter that has been sent home this week.
summer 2 newsletter
As you are aware I ...more
- A huge well done to the children who took part in our assembly on Friday! You had a lot to learn and you did an amazing job remembering it all.
I'm sure all of the grown ups who came to watch were as proud of the children as we were!
Thank you for all your support in ...more
- On Friday 19th May, we are inviting our grown ups into the school hall to watch our class assembly. We are trying very hard learning a song, dances and we each have something to say.
All are welcome at 9am, make your way round to the main entrance to grab a seat in the hall and ...more
- This week we welcomed new arrivals into our classroom... caterpillars! We are looking closely now at their changes and we will be learning about the butterfly life cycle.
We are all very excited to see them in their different stages, especially butterflies!
To help kick start our knowledge we looked at the book 'Mad about Minibeasts'. This is a fantastic book which outlines most of the creepy crawlies we can find hidden in the environment.
We took vote and made a bar chart to see which minibeast is the class favourite.
Butterflies came out on top! more
- This past term we've learnt all about bears, the different types, what they always and where they live. We read lots of stories about bears and our favourite was 'We're Going on a Bear a hunt'.
We went on our own Bear Hunt
We retold the story
We created our own hunts in our play
We learnt a lot ...more
- As we have been noticing changes in the seasons and the environment around us, we have started learning all about Autumn. We have talked about the changes we will be seeing and can already start to see.
Leaves changing colour
Leaves falling off trees
Animals busy collecting food
Berries on the trees
Cold weather creeping in
Conkers, acorns and pine cones ...more
- Harvest Festival
All of the kind donations for Harvest (thank you) sparked in interest in the festival. We looked at what it is, who we are giving food to, why, what we are thankful for and where our food comes from.
Then we made chunky vegetable soup! The children very carefully chopped up celery, carrots and potatoes ...more
This entry was posted in Year groups
. Bookmark the permalink