Year 5 Blog
Hello and welcome to Year 5’s webpage where you will find useful information about our class and can read all about the exciting experiences that we are up to this term. On here you will find photographs and information about the work that we will be completing in class.
- This week, Grace came to talk to us about 'Young Carers'. We discussed who young carers are, what they do and how we can help support children who take on the role of caring for others. The children shared some very supportive and lovely ideas, as well as designing some posters to educate and inform ...more
- Welcome back every one! I hope you have had a lovely holiday and a well-earned rest!
I have attached Year 5’s newsletter for this half term where you will find out everything the children will be learning over the next few weeks as well as any important dates to remember.
Year 5 is a busy but stimulating ...more
- This week during Citizenship, Year 5 have been understanding and learning about the British Values and how we can incorporate these into our school life.
We decided to take a vote on who would be best suited to be our St. Andrews Prime Minister. The children chose a name for their political party and wrote down ...more
- Year 5 have had a busy couple of weeks back to school! We have completed some excellent under water descriptions and already touched upon our new Literacy focus 'Fables'.
The Year 5 children, who went to Lleder Hall last week, have told us all about their adventures which all sound very exciting- it is great to ...more
- On Wednesday, Year 5 had a visit from United Utilities, who told us all about where the water in our taps comes from. We discussed the water cycle and the importance of not wasting water. The children found out how much water the average person uses per day and how much of that water is ...more
- On Tuesday, Year 5 were invited to perform at Walkden Methodist Church to sing some songs for the local community. The children practised extremely hard for their performance and sang beautifully on the day!
We must say a HUGE thank you to the church for inviting us and for supplying delicious treats after our performance- we ...more
- I hope you all had a wonderful Easter break and a well earned rest!
The summer term has arrived and that means lots of exciting activities and lessons planned ahead! Please see the attached Newsletter for an overview of what Year 5 will be learning this half term.
If you have any problems or queries, do not ...more
- Year 5 led the Easter experience at church on Thursday and did an amazing job! They told the Easter story to Years 2,3,4 and helped each group of children complete an Easter activity.
Today, we finished our topic on the 'Mayans' by drinking some delicious Mayan hot chocolate and some tasty tortillas chips and dip! YUM ...more
- Wow!! Well done to all of the Year 5 children today for their excellent performance of the Mayan folktale 'The Chocolate Tree!'
You should be very proud of yourselves!
Thank you to all the parents who came to watch Year 5 in action and I look forward to seeing you all on Tuesday for Parent's Evening.
Thank you ...more
- This term the children have been/are doing lots of work on the Mayans! First of all, a huge well done to your amazing Chichin Itza temples you all hand crafted! I am super impressed! I can tell there was a lot of time and effort spent on making those wonderful creations, so thank you! They ...more
This entry was posted in Year groups
. Bookmark the permalink