Year 5 Blog
Hello and welcome to Year 5’s webpage where you will find useful information about our class and can read all about the exciting experiences that we are up to this term. On here you will find photographs and information about the work that we will be completing in class.
Yesterday we had a visitor from the Dogs Trust who came in school to talk to us about how to stay safe around dogs. Today Dogs Trust (formerly the NCDL) is the UK’s largest dog welfare charity and cares for over 15,000 dogs each year through its network of 20 rehoming centres in the UK ...more
- Welcome back Year 5!
Below, I have attached this Spring half term's newsletter which gives an overview of what the children will be learning over the next few weeks as well as key dates to put in your diary.
This half term is a busy one for Year 5 so I have written key information below that you will need to ...more
- Over the half term, Year 5 were asked to make their own Mayan temple- in the style of Kukulkhan's temple in Chichen Itza!
The children's ideas were INCREDIBLE! We have temples made from: pasta, sugar cubes, cardboard boxes, sand, clay, and even CAKE! Fortunately, Piper let us all have a taste of her Mayan temple and ...more
- Year 5 were very lucky today and a special visitor from Lingotots to help us learn French!
Vicky played some fun and very interactive games with the children and helped them practice saying different body parts, names of fruit and numbers in french! The children thoroughly enjoyed helping Vicky read the children's story: The Very Hungry ...more
- The children were identifying soluble and insoluble solids in Science today.
After distinguishing between the soluble and insoluble solids, we then made a salt/sugar solution and predicted whether the salt/sugar could be recovered by evaporating the liquid from the solution. The children will assess their results of this experiment next week. more
- This half term, the children have started their study on the Mayans. We have been learning about how, when and who discovered the Mayan ruins in Mesoamerica all those year ago.
We have been writing newspaper reports about the Spanish conquistadors stumbling across the abandoned Mayan cities in the 1500s and have been researching what they ...more
- Our topic, which centres around the USA, has come to an end. Therefore, Year 5 have finished all of their artwork which they have been working hard on for the past few weeks. We focused primarily on New York and created a range of artwork using different mixed media. The children were inspired by the ...more
- Year 5 continued to work through a range of science experiments at Harrop Fold this week.
The children are loving it! Take a look...
- Year 5 Class Newsletter- Spring Term 1 2018 more
- Last week, Year 5 visited Harrop Fold as part of their Science work. The children had a wonderful time exploring Acids and Alkalis- take a look at their rainbow test tubes below!
The staff at Harrop Fold were very impressed by the children's behaviour and enthusiasm to learn- well done Year 5! We all look forward ...more
This entry was posted in Year groups
. Bookmark the permalink