Year 5 Blog
Hello and welcome to Year 5’s webpage where you will find useful information about our class and can read all about the exciting experiences that we are up to this term. On here you will find photographs and information about the work that we will be completing in class.
- Happy New Year!
FYI...Little Hulton Library has got a new family film club, which runs on the second Saturday of every month from 10.00am – 12.30pm. The club is free and we show a film that is related to children’s books. So far they have shown films such as: Horrid Henry, Matilda, Paddington, Beauty and the ...more
- What a half term it has been for Year5! From our NYC class assembly to three choir performances and then leading the Carol Service in Church... we are immensely proud of all you! You have conducted yourselves so well at every rehearsal and performance we have had. Thank you Year 5!
The children had a fabulous party ...more
- What a special afternoon we had yesterday! Year 5 visited Pemberton Fold to sing some Christmas songs to the residents there. The children were absolutely amazing and were spreading Christmas cheer throughout the care home! The way the children sang and spoke to the residents there was truly wonderful- I am so proud of all ...more
- Year 5 sang beautifully to the Luncheon Club at church on Monday!
We have our next performance in the Ellesmere Centre outside Tesco on Thursday at 10am- please come and watch us! Then, our final one at Pemberton Fold next Thursday!
As Buddy the Elf would say...'The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for ...more
- The school council were excited to visit the residents of Pemberton Fold for a second time this week, where they helped make some traditional Christmas crafts. Check out the pictures below...
- Today the school council had the fantastic opportunity to visit the Mayors chambers and questioning not only the Mayor himself, but also the Little Hulton Councillor Kate Lewis. The children had the chance to find out what life was like as a real councillor, as well as discussing important issues concerning our school and community. ...more
- Guess the Baby!!
Year 5 played a game of 'Guess the Baby' in science today as part of our topic: 'Animals including humans.' We discussed the development of a baby into a child and the children made their own baby books- which explained the various milestones of a baby from birth to 3 years.
Look at these ...more
- As part of our North American topic, (and it being Mickey Mouses 90th anniversary) we were inspired by the American entrepreneur himself 'Walt Disney' and created some cartoon sketches! The children looked carefully at the line and tone Disney used in his initial sketches and created some of their own. WOW!!! Look at these!!
- Hello everyone! It's lovely seeing you all back into school today after the half term break.
We have a busy week ahead, practising our Year 5 assembly which is on Friday! (Make sure you practise your lines at home.)
Below, I have attached this half term's newsletter which outlines what the children will be learning over the ...more
- Today we looked at how crime and punishment has changed over the years.
We learnt that the Anglo Saxons did not have prisons so punishments often involved paying a fine to a victim or their family. For some crimes, a body part could be chopped off. People had their hands, toes and even their noses chopped ...more
This entry was posted in Year groups
. Bookmark the permalink