Year 5 Blog
Hello and welcome to Year 5’s webpage where you will find useful information about our class and can read all about the exciting experiences that we are up to this term. On here you will find photographs and information about the work that we will be completing in class.
- The children were identifying soluble and insoluble solids in Science today.
After distinguishing between the soluble and insoluble solids, we then made a salt/sugar solution and predicted whether the salt/sugar could be recovered by evaporating the liquid from the solution. The children will assess their results of this experiment next week. more
- This half term, the children have started their study on the Mayans. We have been learning about how, when and who discovered the Mayan ruins in Mesoamerica all those year ago.
We have been writing newspaper reports about the Spanish conquistadors stumbling across the abandoned Mayan cities in the 1500s and have been researching what they ...more
- Our topic, which centres around the USA, has come to an end. Therefore, Year 5 have finished all of their artwork which they have been working hard on for the past few weeks. We focused primarily on New York and created a range of artwork using different mixed media. The children were inspired by the ...more
- Year 5 continued to work through a range of science experiments at Harrop Fold this week.
The children are loving it! Take a look...
- Year 5 Class Newsletter- Spring Term 1 2018 more
- Last week, Year 5 visited Harrop Fold as part of their Science work. The children had a wonderful time exploring Acids and Alkalis- take a look at their rainbow test tubes below!
The staff at Harrop Fold were very impressed by the children's behaviour and enthusiasm to learn- well done Year 5! We all look forward ...more
- In Literacy this week, the children have been looking at adverts and identifying the persuasive features which are included. The children discussed the powerful and tempting language that should be used within an advert and then, as a class, wrote a FANTASTIC advert for the new and exclusive TRACTION MAN toy! I was very impressed ...more
- WOW! We are all so proud of Year 5 and how beautifully they sang and performed for the Luncheon Club at Walkden Methodist Church, the Rotary Club at Walkden Ellesmere Centre AND for the whole school on Friday's assembly!
You certainly did spread the Christmas joy, Year 5!
We have had LOTS of compliments on how confident ...more
- Christmas Craft Carousel
All of Key Stage 2 have been busy making special Christmas crafts. They have made a Penguin tree decoration, a Rudolf, moving Santa and created some beautiful chalk pictures too. Take a look at their creations. You may also want to ask them to show you the dance they learnt with Miss Jackson!
He’s behind you!
A massive well done to Years 3,4,5 for their focus and dedication during our pantomime rehearsals. They are look great and sounding great and everything is coming together nicely.
We can’t wait for you to see it now. Take a look at how our stage is looking- a huge thank you to the very ...more
This entry was posted in Year groups
. Bookmark the permalink