Year 5 Blog
Hello and welcome to Year 5’s webpage where you will find useful information about our class and can read all about the exciting experiences that we are up to this term. On here you will find photographs and information about the work that we will be completing in class.
- Author in School!
Today E.R. Reilly,a children's author came to share some of his stories and writing techniques with the children.
The children were left wondering what would happen next in many of his mystery books and enjoyed asking him questions about his job.
We have sent order forms home for the children to buy one of his ...more
- In Science this week, Year 5 were discussing the 4 stages of a butterfly!
We made sure sure we used accurate vocabulary (such as the chrysalis and metamorphosis) when explaining the life cycle and in order to help us remember, we performed the 4 stages in a dance! Here's a little snippet: IMG_0456
We were inspired by various ...more
- Welcome back! I hope you all enjoyed your summer holidays and had a well earned rest! We have had a wonderful first week back to school and it was so lovely to meet all of you at the Meet The Teacher meeting on Monday.
Below, I have attached this half term's newsletter which outlines what we ...more
- Year 5 started their new Science topic today: Living things and their habitats.
We started off by looking at some of David Attenborough's amazing clips of animals and plants. We discussed that living organisms/things have finite lifespan and any species to reproduce is doomed to extinction.
This week, we focused on amphibians and looked at the life ...more
- Good morning!
Below I have attached Year 5's newsletter, which outlines what we will be learning this half term. We have a busy few weeks ahead and I have highlighted some key dates/events for you to keep an eye out for.
I have sent out letters for our class trip on the 3rd July to Tatton Park ...more
- This week we looked at the 'This is the place' poem and we changed the words to make it our own about St. Andrews. We all made poems just like this one below:
It’s brilliant and magnificent and our performances are too,
From the stage to our team work, we are the best.
Our art is amazing,
Our people ...more
- This morning the Year 5 children listened to and performed the British national anthem, then read all about the Royal family tree.
Year 5 were then invited to join Miss Jones for a Royal Wedding Brunch celebration! We sipped tea, made biscuits and had some selfies with some of the guests from the Royal wedding!
After that, ...more
- Over the past few weeks, we have been reading about a Water tower.
We have really enjoyed this book and found it very mysterious. Here are a ...more
- The afternoon Y5 became mini-teachers...
On Tuesday afternoon, in PE, Year 5 teamed-up with Year 2 to teach them some new skills and techniques in the games of netball and rounders. The weather was glorious and all of the children had great fun learning from one another... even Mrs Gomm and Miss Jones picked up a ...more
- Year 5 have been working in kilograms and grams, also millilitres and litres, this week. On Monday, we held, weighed and compared grams and kilograms.We estimated which objects would weigh more or less than a given weight, as well as matched the accurate weight to an object.The next day, we converted between different units of ...more
This entry was posted in Year groups
. Bookmark the permalink