Year 5 Blog
Hello and welcome to Year 5’s webpage where you will find useful information about our class and can read all about the exciting experiences that we are up to this term. On here you will find photographs and information about the work that we will be completing in class.
- Good morning!
Below I have attached Year 5's newsletter, which outlines what we will be learning this half term. We have a busy few weeks ahead and I have highlighted some key dates/events for you to keep an eye out for.
I have sent out letters for our class trip on the 3rd July to Tatton Park ...more
- This week we looked at the 'This is the place' poem and we changed the words to make it our own about St. Andrews. We all made poems just like this one below:
It’s brilliant and magnificent and our performances are too,
From the stage to our team work, we are the best.
Our art is amazing,
Our people ...more
- This morning the Year 5 children listened to and performed the British national anthem, then read all about the Royal family tree.
Year 5 were then invited to join Miss Jones for a Royal Wedding Brunch celebration! We sipped tea, made biscuits and had some selfies with some of the guests from the Royal wedding!
After that, ...more
- Over the past few weeks, we have been reading about a Water tower.
We have really enjoyed this book and found it very mysterious. Here are a ...more
- The afternoon Y5 became mini-teachers...
On Tuesday afternoon, in PE, Year 5 teamed-up with Year 2 to teach them some new skills and techniques in the games of netball and rounders. The weather was glorious and all of the children had great fun learning from one another... even Mrs Gomm and Miss Jones picked up a ...more
- Year 5 have been working in kilograms and grams, also millilitres and litres, this week. On Monday, we held, weighed and compared grams and kilograms.We estimated which objects would weigh more or less than a given weight, as well as matched the accurate weight to an object.The next day, we converted between different units of ...more
- This Week Y5 have been learning about a mysterious Water Tower! Bubba and Spike decide to swim in an old abandoned Water Tower filled with eddied green Water...
Y5 Have been spotting lots of secrets in the amazing chilling book created by Gary Crew.
“My main objective in writing is to open the minds of my readers, ...more
- In our topic we have been learning about water. On Thursday 3rd May we listened to a song called the Water Cycle. It is a really fun song, so we think you should listen to it online. Here are the lyrics:
The water cycle takes the water and moves it
Up and down and all around the ...more
- This week we have been learning about our new topic WATER. We learnt a new song : The Water Cycle .Here is the link to the song:
I hope you like the song as much as we do! Year 5 love the song!
Also we did a piece of art work which was waves we put on ...more
- This week year 5 have been working on the water tower for their topic. This book has been extremely exciting for us, as we rated it a 4 star.
We did a piece of art using water colours linked to our literacy. One of our techniques was to place extra water ,then picked our colour. After that, ...more
This entry was posted in Year groups
. Bookmark the permalink