Year 3 Blog
Find out what exciting projects the Year 3 Pupils have been up to recently…
- Thank you so much for all of the items that were brought in for year 3 to use to make a new boat for Harry, from our class story, Harry and the Jaggedy Daggers. This week the children have designed and made their boats, each with a propeller on. The children raced their boats today ...more
- What a fantastic assembly to celebrate Harvest!
The children were amazing!
Thank you for all your donations and support.
- Today we have had so much fun identifying a range of artefacts!
The children spent the afternoon digging up a range of artefacts from Prehistoric Britain. They then had to decide what it was made from, which time period it was from and make a good prediction about what it may have been used for.
Take a ...more
- We have had an amazing day today celebrating European Languages Day!
We chose Italy as our country and have made models of the Leaning Tower, baked mini pizzas and learnt some Italian words!!
- Author in School!
Today E.R. Reilly,a children's author came to share some of his stories and writing techniques with the children.
The children were left wondering what would happen next in many of his mystery books and enjoyed asking him questions about his job.
We have sent order forms home for the children to buy one of his ...more
Year 3 have been working hard in P.E learning different ways to balance using our bodies with partners.
The balances here were particularly tricky and took great teamwork to make Perfect!
- Roald Dahl Day
What a fantastic day we have had. The children made dream catchers, Willy Wonka chocolates, book marks for Matilda and a magic medicine!
Thank you for the huge effort with costumes, especially as we are only in our first full week back! Wow!
We also really appreciate the kind donations made towards Roald Dahl’s ...more
On Thursday 13th September, Year 3 and 4 will be celebrating Roald Dahl Day! The children may come dressed as any character from a Roald Dahl book of their choice, in return for a voluntary donation of £1 for Roald Dahl’s Marvellous Children’s Charity. As we read Roald Dahl books in both classes, it will ...more
- A HUGE welcome to the new Year 3 children, we have a fun filled, action packed year ahead of us!
Take a look at our first newsletter and welcome pack.
Autumn 1 Newsletter
Welcome to Year 3 Letter
If anyone has any questions, please do not hesitate to come and speak to me.
Mrs Blower more
Year 3’s end of year educational trip will be to Brockhole, which is in the Lake District, on Friday 29th June. The trip will include:
- Entry to Brockhole centre, a Geography detectives Morning and finding out about issues that can arise in the national park.
- A variety of different trails around the area ...more
This entry was posted in Year groups
. Bookmark the permalink