Year 1 Blog
Find out what exciting projects the Year 1 Pupils have been up to recently…
- Wow! What a half term it has been! I'm so pleased with how well all of the children have settled into Year 1 and how much progress they have made already - especially with their writing.
This week, we have created our own aliens and wrote fantastic descriptions of them.
The children also brought in their amazing ...more
- Today, Year 1 had lots of fun! Earlier this week, we sent party invitations to Hoctopize the alien to invite him to a party in our classroom.
He wrote back to us to thank us but unfortunately he couldn't come. His friend, Obb, came instead and we all had a fantastic time! :)
- Year 1 have been working really hard in Maths this week. We've been learning how to partition a two digit number into tens and units, and also how to find one more and one less than a number we are given. Phew!
Take a look at these Maths Whizzes...
European Day Singing Fun!
The children had a super time learning "Frere Jacques" and used instruments to help.
Watch the video clip! more
- Author in School!
Today E.R. Reilly,a children's author came to share some of his stories and writing techniques with the children.
The children were left wondering what would happen next in many of his mystery books and enjoyed asking him questions about his job.
We have sent order forms home for the children to buy one of his ...more
- What a super week we've had again in Year 1!
We brought in old toys that our parents/grandparents used to play with and told the class all about them. Lots of the toys brought back memories for Mrs Dalton!
It was interesting to see how lots of old toys were made from wood or metal...and we all ...more
- Welcome to Year 1!
I have been so impressed with how sensibly the children have started this new school year!
We have already started having fun with our Toys and Toy Story theme; showing how amazing we are on the iPads; and how good at writing and counting we are!
I can already tell it's going to be ...more
- Calling all Year 1's and Year 2's...
First of all, thank you for all of your hard-work and support with preparing your child for their talent show performance. The talent show was a great success this year and those children who took part did an amazing job... we certainly have some budding talent in our ...more
- Year 1 and Year 2 are heading for Dunham Massey...
As you are already aware, the Year 1 and Year 2 children will be going on their annual class trip next Tuesday (26th June). This year, we are going to be visiting Dunham Massey in the heart of Cheshire.
We would like to just inform you ...more
The Wheels on the Bus
We have been following the naughty bus on his travels around London in our geography lesson.
In design technology we discovered that wheels turn on an axle. We designed our own buses and made them this week!
This entry was posted in Year groups
. Bookmark the permalink