Year 1 Blog
Find out what exciting projects the Year 1 Pupils have been up to recently…
- Wow! What a wonderful performance! The children were absolutely amazing and should feel very proud of themselves.
Thank you also to parents for sending costumes in and being a fantastic audience!
Merry Christmas everyone!
Check out these amazing group photos of our future acting/singing/dancing talent! more
- A big thank you to all parents and grandparents who supported their children in year 1 and year 2 with the Christmas workshop. The children made penguin collages, Christmas tree decorations, gift tags and even decorated a snowman using digestives!
Thank you to all the talented teaching assistants who organised their activity and helped make it ...more
- Welcome back! Hope you all had a lovely half term break.
Please find the latest newsletter for this half term. It is one of the most fun (and busy) half terms, with lots of Christmas activities planned!
Year 1 Newsletter Autumn 2
- Wow! What a half term it has been! I'm so pleased with how well all of the children have settled into Year 1 and how much progress they have made already - especially with their writing.
This week, we have created our own aliens and wrote fantastic descriptions of them.
The children also brought in their amazing ...more
- Today, Year 1 had lots of fun! Earlier this week, we sent party invitations to Hoctopize the alien to invite him to a party in our classroom.
He wrote back to us to thank us but unfortunately he couldn't come. His friend, Obb, came instead and we all had a fantastic time! 🙂
- Year 1 have been working really hard in Maths this week. We've been learning how to partition a two digit number into tens and units, and also how to find one more and one less than a number we are given. Phew!
Take a look at these Maths Whizzes...
European Day Singing Fun!
The children had a super time learning "Frere Jacques" and used instruments to help.
Watch the video clip! more
- Author in School!
Today E.R. Reilly,a children's author came to share some of his stories and writing techniques with the children.
The children were left wondering what would happen next in many of his mystery books and enjoyed asking him questions about his job.
We have sent order forms home for the children to buy one of his ...more
- What a super week we've had again in Year 1!
We brought in old toys that our parents/grandparents used to play with and told the class all about them. Lots of the toys brought back memories for Mrs Dalton!
It was interesting to see how lots of old toys were made from wood or metal...and we all ...more
This entry was posted in Year groups
. Bookmark the permalink