Year 1 Blog
Find out what exciting projects the Year 1 Pupils have been up to recently…
A Visitor from Ghana!
Today Year 1 had a special visitor. Mawuli came to tell the children all about growing up in Ghana! The children found out about Special kente cloth and some even dressed up in clothes! more
- Where does Sunny live?
This week we found out that Sunny lives in the Kalahari Desert. We found the Kalahari Desert on google earth. We learnt that the Kalahari Desert is in the large continent of Africa and that we live in the continent of Europe. The children learnt that there are seven continents in the ...more
- A great week in Year 1!
We have had a super week in Year 1. All the children have been delightful and have worked extremely hard and I'm sure we will all have a lovely time.
As part of our Africa topic we have started to read " Meerkat Mail" by Emily Gravett and the children were ...more
- What a wonderful week we have had in Year 1 this week! The children have enjoyed learning all about Handa's Surprise. This week, Miss Greenhalgh brought in some of the fruits from the book which we tried. We then came up with adjectives to describe each fruit. The children really enjoyed experimenting with new foods.
- Hello Parents/Carers,
We would like to welcome you all back by wishing you a very happy new year! We hope your Christmas holidays were full of joy and excitement. The children have been full of delight telling us what they got up to over Christmas!
Our new topic in Year 1 this half term focuses on Africa. ...more
- Dear Y1 Families,
First of all I would like to wish you all a happy and magical Christmas and New Year!
I would also like to take the opportunity to thank you for all of the commitment and support that you have given this term, especially during our festive celebrations! We had a great turn out of ...more
- The children have worked incredibly hard this week making all of their Christmas hats, calendars and cards. The children thoroughly enjoyed designing their own hats which they wore for the Christmas lunch on Thursday. We had a very special visitor this week! Father Christmas found the time to come and visit us with amazing presents!
- This week Yr 1 have worked so hard! All of the children have tried very hard in their special booklets. I'm sure they need a well earned rest over the weekend to refresh themselves for next week!
As well as this, the children have been designing and making their own owls in art this week which ...more
- Please click on the link below to open our newsletter for Autumn 2...
Year 1 Class Newsletter more
- This week Yr 1 had a very special visitor. Miss Storey came in and needed Yr 1's help. She had a crime to solve and we became excellent detectives when looking for clues. Someone had thrown all of our toys in the bin and we had to find out who did it! We went outside ...more
This entry was posted in Year groups
. Bookmark the permalink