Year 2 Blog
Find out what exciting projects the Year 2 Pupils have been up to recently…
- A REAL Firefighter in Y2...
This afternoon, we were fortunate enough to have a 'real' fireman from Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service visit our classroom. Firefighter 'Damien' told us all about his role- we found out that fighting fires is only a small part of a firefighter's job! Damien also helped us to understand how ...more
Please find attached a copy of our class newsletter for this half-term. The letter outlines what the children will be studying across the curriculum until the October break. I have also put a paper copy of this into the children's trays ready for taking home this evening.
Class Newsletter- Autumn 1 more
- This week's spelling focus...
Hello Y2 Parents/Carers!
Just a quick blog to remind you all that on Friday (15th September) , we will be hosting our first spelling task of the year. I sent home the spelling list with homework last Friday, however if you require another copy, then please do let me know and I can ...more
- Year 2's Meet and Greet...
Hello Y2 Parents/Carers!
As you are aware, in September, each class teacher holds a short 'meet and greet' session to introduce themselves to their new families. Due to the nature of the meeting and myself transitioning up with the children, I won't be hosting a formal 'meet and greet' this year, as ...more
- Welcome back to school...
A warm welcome back to school! We hope you have had a fantastic summer?! We cannot wait to hear all about your holiday news this week...
Firstly, I have some very exciting news to share with you- I got married over the break in Florida, so my new name will be- Mrs ...more
- In preparation for our trip to Blackpool in a couple of weeks, Year 2 have been looking at the similarities and differences between seaside holidays 100 years ago and what they are like now. We've also looked at how Blackpool has changed in 100 years. more
- This morning, we were treated to Year 2 Sunshines and Rainbow's special interpretation of 'Georgina's Marvellous Medicine'.
The children really did themselves proud with their delivery of words, their singing and dancing (especially the funky moves to Bruno Mars!).
Thank you to all parents and relatives who managed to come along to watch - it really meant ...more
- In Year 2, we are looking at the classic Road Dahl book, 'George's Marvellous Medicine' (Mrs Dalton's favourite!)
So far, we have been focusing on the character of 'Grandma' and the children have enjoyed describing her in all her horrifying, repulsive glory! They have also written fantastic diary entries from George's perspective.
To coincide with this, our ...more
- Welcome back everyone!
We hope you all had a fantastic holiday and are ready for the final half term of the year - and Key Stage 1!
We have been blown away by the effort that has gone into the Blackpool homework so thank you to everyone who has helped the children with what they have created. ...more
- Look what Mrs.Mason found on the beach:
A strange bottle and even stranger note!
We we have all had a go at writing our own messages for a bottle. more
This entry was posted in Year groups
. Bookmark the permalink